rslogix 5000 revision support

rrparker07

Lifetime Supporting Member
Correct me if I am wrong. I am under the assumption that as long as your product is under support (not tech connect) just the date on the activation paperwork, you can get a new revision that comes out. If and only if this is correct, what are the chances of me calling and getting V20 which came out, I believe, Jan 2012, and our support ended in July 2012? I wasn't even at the plant at that time but want to do a integrated servo/drive project and need that version. We had purchased V19.01. (if that matters at all)

Thanks in advance,
Roy

Rockwell Automation Technical Support evaluates eligibility at the time of the support request.

While I understand the theory behind your idea, that's not the way RA Technical Support does it.

Tech connect support contracts are surprisingly well priced, especially if all you need is internet only support(software, KB access, etc). Ask your dealer for a quote.