RSLOGIX 500 master password?

david90

Can a SLC500 rack have multiple processor? I read the master password section of the help file and it said:

"The idea is that all the processors in a project would have different Passwords and the same Master Password. That way, you can restrict some peoples’ access to specific processors, and others can have access to every processor in the project without having to keep track of multiple passwords."

I have not seen a SLC500 rack with multiple processor modules.

"Project" is the wrong word, there. "Facility" or "System" or "Automated manufacturing enterprise" would be better.

You're right, of course, that no A-B controller has multiple CPUs in a single project file. And the SLC-500 CPU goes into the first slot, only.

The only AB controller which allows multiple processors in a rack is the ControlLogix 5000.
They will not be running the same project and only one processor have ownership of an IO card.