Serial event on ml1400 series-a

scadagetco

hello friends

i am communicating my ML-1400 PLC(SERIES A) with some device (currently I am using a microcontroller based on ATmega 328 popularly known a ARDUINO) that is capable to send ASCII characters and integers as if its connected to HYPERTERMINAL on a PC.

so now I am able to
1> Send ASCII characters to my PLC.

Now I want my PLC to do the following.
1> Decode those ASCII values and take proper action like energize one of the PLC's digital outputs.

2> Aslo want my PLC to decode those ASCII values and return the STATUS OF INPUT/OUPUT coils on the same serial port.

CAN ANYONE PROVIDE SAMPLE PROGRAME FOR THIS
i am a newbie

Thank you very much.
And waiting for your reply!!

I strongly recommend that you use a Modbus RTU protocol library for Arduino, instead of attempting to write your own protocol in ASCII.

Connections like yours are the entire reason Modbus RTU protocol exists.

The Arduino will be a Modbus RTU master, and the MicroLogix serial port will be a Modbus RTU Slave.

If you are in the SCADA business, Modbus RTU is a core technology that you need to master. This is a great opportunity to do so.

I thought the question looked familiar.

Thanks for that link to the configuration example; it might be easier to follow than the User Manual.

I thought the question looked familiar.

Thanks for that link to the configuration example; it might be easier to follow than the User Manual.

You're welcome. :)

It should get him started in any case. My take on his question is that he's all set on the Arduino side of things and just needs help with the AB side.

thank you so much to all for all your interest in my topic

as per ken roach sir told
i will try with modbus porotocol
thanks for your suggestion sir

Serial event on ml1400 series-A

HELLO FRIENDS

one more thing i want to know that while serially connecting PLC AND ARDUINO do i need RS-232 TTL convertor or directly connecting PLC-TX to ARDUINO-RX and PLC-RX to ARDUINO-TX will work???

Serial event on ml1400 series-A

Thanks sir for replying

i am using ARDUINO MEGA which is having more than one serial port

it means that i have to buy a shield which you have shown in the link to communicate between PLC and ARDUINO MEGA

am i correct sir ???

waiting for your reply

it means that i have to buy a shield which you have shown in the link to communicate between PLC and ARDUINO MEGA

I certainly would. The shield should take care of the dirty work of translating voltage levels and give you a bit of isolation anyway.

But finding a RS232 shield for the Mega might be tough. I would go with one of these and just hook it directly to the Mega's header.

http://www.elechouse.com/elechouse/...ducts_id=585&zenid=q4ivfcrge0ob3s4l8b0e9831e7