flow totalizing

bfranklin

HEY,

I am pulling flow data from a Prosoft MVI46 MCM into a SLC 505 and need to totalize the flow daily in cubic meters use an analog value. I tried using the pulse input from the RTU but the integer values get too big over time and just cause problems.

How would a guy program this?

If you have pulses one way is to use cascaded counters. The first one goes up to 1,000 gallons, for example, trips another counter that tracks the thousands and then resets itself.

I thought about that but these are water disposal sites pushing over 2500 m3/day everyday.
I would need a lot of cascading counters over time

I thought about that but these are water disposal sites pushing over 2500 m3/day everyday.
I would need a lot of cascading counters over time

So, how much does each counter cost?

Seriously, over ten years that is 9 million m3. If you have one counter for 9,999 and use it to trip one for every 10,000 m3 then you only need two.