1747-L20A Question

draganjr

I am not new to PLCs but new to old PLCs. My company just got this machine in from an unknown company using the 1747-L20A SLC 500.

My question is how do I know which RSLogix software it is using?

Thank you

David

That's an old "fixed SLC-500" controller.

The old DOS-based "APS" and "AI-500" software packages from Allen-Bradley and ICOM software, respectively, were used to program these before Windows came around.

The modern software that can still program them is called RSLogix 500.

The jack on the front of the controller is a DH-485 network port. The best interface to that port is a 1747-UIC USB/DH485 interface.

Although that jack looks like Ethernet, DO NOT plug an Ethernet jack into it. It has 24V DC on one of the pins and will smoke an Ethernet port.

There were 2 or 3 versions of the SLC software before RSLogix500. However, a current version of RSLogix should be backward-compatible for your SLC 5/00.

Edit: Too slow, too stiff.

Last edited:
We got it. Hooked it up to the 1747 PIC and installed the drivers and uploaded the program with 500. All is good.

Thank you for the fast replies.

Hi Ken,
I have same slc 500 1747-L20A model, but i do not have software to program it. is anyway i can get it as free to play with it?
thanks