Keeping track of forced I/O in CLX

JohnCrowe

An issue has come up at a plant where interlocks are being bypassed by forced I/O.... Specifically this relates to prox switches which detect the proper position of piping connections in order to prevent CIP and Product from mixing...

Does anyone know of a way to detect specific forced I/O...?... I know that it is possible to detect if there are any forces, but I have not found a way of detecting individual ones...

We try to keep programs without any forced I/O as it causes problems, but it just keeps happening... A tech will force some I/O because they really need to finish a production run or they don't have the part to fix it or they are just to up to their ears to deal with it...

Thanks,
John

You are enforcing my teaching that forcing is not the answer for most people .... Sure it has it's place, but there are too many pitfalls to allow its continued use.

It is high time that RA released the CIP message details to allow the user's program to control forces - i.e. turn them off and remove them all. If RSLogix5000 can do it, then so can a CIP message.