ControlLogix - User Defined Data Types

gsunny

Hi,

I am a complete newbie to PLC programming. I have been asked to create a database for program modules which in future can be useful in saving time and being competent on bidding a new project for the company.

First of all I have no idea about what I am supposed to do. Does it sound like anything to you?

I assume that it is all about creating tabs/functions for each I/O. example : for analog output, the factors like 4-20 ma/alarm/trip settings etc has to be taken into account.

The question how to create a database? What are the steps involved?

I apologize if I am not clear. Thank you for your time. Appreciate advice coming on this way!!

Regards,
GS ( 1 week experience)!!

This might be too big of a pill...;)

The "database" will consist of a collection of RSL5K applications containing the UDT structures/AOI Implementations to be used as a "plug-in" in various RSL5K systems' projects containg the same type of application components' functionality.

Chapter 2 of :
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm004_-en-p.pdf

and of course
http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/pm/1756-pm010_-en-p.pdf

Last edited: