sew movitrac A hoist application

dear people, hi ,anyone know how to drive a master movidrive B using the manual function in MT manager? had a jam on a hoist in the fully up position. took the slave out of sync in isync and drove it down no problem. swapped over to the master and as soon as i go into manual function F39 comes up reference limit switch fault. the switch is fine as we moved it off target. the drives are controlled through profibus to a Siemens S5 plc. is there anyway of bypassing this fault code on the master to drive it down manually should it happen again. the master has a small ipos program (for the reference?) in the drive but i have no knowledge of ipos.
we got it going by releasing the brakes , was very keen to see if there was an easier solution. extremely grateful for any assistance.thank you in advance.

Limit switch recovery

Yes there is an easier way to recover the drive if it reaches an over travel limit switch. You need to create a limit switch recovery routing in your IPOS program. Can you post a copy of the current IPOS code for the master.

thankyou ranjith

Task2 start M1
Astop Ipos enable
M2: Goo c,w,zp
Set H5 = H499
Goa No wait H499
Jmp Unconditioned M2
M1 jmp Hi I0000000001000000 M3
Bclr H481.1 =0
Jmp Unconditioned ,M1
M3 Bset H481.1 =1
Jmp Unconditioned ,M1
End.

Many thanks for your kind help Ranjith.

Do you have Both CW and CCW limits. And what inputs are they.
Can you email me both parameter(complete) files for the master and the slave. I will PM my email address.

hi Ranjith, i will collect the info from work tomorrow. thank you again for your help. from memory just a ccw limit( The reference limit ) on the master

Last edited:
See attached file.
Assume DI04 and DI05 are your CW and CCW Limits.
If the drive reaches an over travel limit then enable the drive and toggle the fault reset bit. Drive will move away from the limit switch at ref speed 2.

Looks like your limits are wired to DI02 and 03. So remember to change the inputs in IPOS code. I can email you the IPOS program if you like. Then just download it into the drive. Are you in WA? What sort of industry you work for? We are an OEM company in Melbourne.

hi Ranjith, my e-mail address is [email protected]. i live in Wa and work for a brick manufacturer. well i have just started not long ago. i had some sew training but have never really got into the ipos side of it til we encountered the breakdown. I am presently setting up a movidrive B and a sew servo motor on the bench to get a bit more familiar with it plus train a couple of apprentices so we will stumble along. I really appreciate all your help and having the time and patience to persevere with me. Again i wish you a great week....cheers jk