Question Concerning RSLogix Micro and AB ML1100

jmachia1849

I have a question and I was wondering if someone could help me here. I am writing a program for my PLC. I have 10 inputs and 6 outputs. I am using my PLC as a demonstration for what you can do with them for my Senior Project in school. I am using inputs and outputs to show different logic functions and as I was building on to my program, the farther I get down on the rungs, the stuff that is on the first few rungs will stop working correctly and some of the outputs will not function anymore even when the correct inputs are powered.. Sorry if I can't explain it more, or technical enough. I am very new to PLC's and was just wondering how I can fix this. I've tried everything to my knowledge so far.

Thanks ahead of time,
James

An output instruction - OTE - can only appear ONCE for any given output. I bet you have the same output more than once. In that case the logic controlling the last occurance in the ladder wins.

That might be it, I'm going to check it when I get home and see if that is the problem. I will reply later if I have any more problems, thank you very much sir.

James

I have a question and I was wondering if someone could help me here. I am writing a program for my PLC. I have 10 inputs and 6 outputs. I am using my PLC as a demonstration for what you can do with them for my Senior Project in school. I am using inputs and outputs to show different logic functions and as I was building on to my program, the farther I get down on the rungs, the stuff that is on the first few rungs will stop working correctly and some of the outputs will not function anymore even when the correct inputs are powered.. Sorry if I can't explain it more, or technical enough. I am very new to PLC's and was just wondering how I can fix this. I've tried everything to my knowledge so far.

Thanks ahead of time,
James

It always helps to zip and post your file even if it's wrong

It's ok to want different sets of logic to control the same output. You either combine all the logic into one rung, which may look a bit complex, or end each of your rungs with a unique bit (probably from the B registers).

Then at the end of your program after all the other rungs have one rung for each outputs with the different 'B' bits as contacts in parallel. So if any of the bits are on the output will be on.