Radio Frequency industrial controls. Info ?

milmat1

Hello All,
Anyone have experience with industrial RF controls?

After having been disabled for two years, I am ready (I Hope) to get back to work. I have gained a position with a company that builds equipment for the aggregate industry and they use some RF control. Especially in the overhead crane applications used in aggregate recovery systems.

I have no experience with these little buggers and want to do some research before I'm actually in the fire.

I understand the radios they use are something I.P. Based because they require I.P. Address setting.. ??

Any info or links to suppliers or any direction you could offer would sure be helpfull.

There is a great amount of anxiety with returning to work after a long battle with surgeries, Pain therapy, Rehab, etc etc. And I want to prepare as much as possible....

Thank You !!

There is a great amount of anxiety with returning to work after a long battle with surgeries, Pain therapy, Rehab, etc etc. And I want to prepare as much as possible....
Congratulations on your new position. I don't have any experience with any RF controls that use an Internet address. Most only need a transmitter/reciever unit on each end. I suppose the IP address could be used for PC communication to the RF unit for easy program changes.

I do have a lot of experience with not working due to physical disability. I developed severe headaches so that I could not concentrate, and had to quit doing electrical engineering. I never filed for diability benefits because I thought I would soon get better, or find the cause. I did spend many years seeing various doctors and trying different things so that I could go back to work. I worked part-time for more than 10 years, but so far I have found no real solutions, so I hang out here when my splitting headache is mild enough. Now I am probably too old and too obsolete to ever go back full-time in any case.

Last edited:
Congratulations on your new position. I don't have any experience with any RF controls that use an Internet address. Most only need a transmitter/reciever unit on each end. I suppose the IP address could be used for PC communication to the RF unit for easy program changes.

I do have a lot of experience with not working due to physical disability. I developed severe headaches so that I could not concentrate, and had to quit doing electrical engineering. I never filed for diability benefits because I thought I would soon get better, or find the cause. I did spend many years seeing various doctors and trying different things so that I could go back to work. I worked part-time for more than 10 years, but so far I have found no real solutions, so I hang out here when my splitting headache is mild enough. Now I am probably too old and too obsolete to ever go back full-time in any case.

You know what I mean then, I am sorry to hear you have had trouble And boy do I understand about the doctors.
I am in the new job and going OK but I can tell I am lagging. And the new comp is totally different. Machines I am not familiar with and an industry that is completely foreign. And the components they have used for years are are things I am not familiar with..Sheeeww
Plus the old engr that I replaced was 100% Old School, He didnt use autocad elect. he done everything in autocad 2002 (!!) So I am really lost without the proper blocks and libraries etc. But honestly it does feel good to be back at working and feeling usefull again..
BTW Since I had applied for SSD my lawyers told me that I can work up to 9 months and not even effect my claim. And even after that I can still claim my benefits for the two years I was disabled, So with some luck I might get part of my life back,..

Search for "wireless input-output devices". The majority of these do not require an IP address.

http://www.google.com/#sclient=psy-...on.2,or.&fp=d9e503e0324de41a&biw=1024&bih=615

This Banner Engineering SureCross wireless system does seem to use an IP address:
http://www.bannerengineering.com/en-US/wireless/surecross_web_prodselect

This AnaheimAutomation device works over wireless "Bluetooth" and can be controlled with any Android cell phone or tablet.
http://anaheimautomation.com/produc...pt=t&cID=523&gclid=CMv4grSjoLYCFQUHnQodVXgAfA

Last edited:
Omnex had a lot of overhead crane wireless control business at one point.

They were in Canada.