Help me! About Script of Intouch9.5!

chase_perfect

I want to use MessageBox() function in the script.I fill the argument into the function, but when I click the OK button, a WindowMaker warning window popup with the message"Expecting assignment"!
so who can tell me the reason!
Thanks!

Look at the example i posted that should guide you to the proper assignment.

MessageBox( Message, Title, Style);
Message -A Message tag or quoted text (example: "This is the message"). This text will be displayed in the body of the message box.
Title -A Message tag or quoted text (example: "Title"). This text will be placed in the title bar of the message box.
Style -An Integer tag or an integer representing the button(s) and icon that will be displayed when the message box is displayed. See below on how to construct this integer.

Rheinhardt

Look at the example i posted that should guide you to the proper assignment.

MessageBox( Message, Title, Style);
Message -A Message tag or quoted text (example: "This is the message"). This text will be displayed in the body of the message box.
Title -A Message tag or quoted text (example: "Title"). This text will be placed in the title bar of the message box.
Style -An Integer tag or an integer representing the button(s) and icon that will be displayed when the message box is displayed. See below on how to construct this integer.

Rheinhardt

To Rheinhardt:
I know the MessageBox have several uses, just like the using method with three auguments which you said and the one I mentioned on top!
OK! I just follow you method, but the same error occurred!
So help me! Thank you!

error2.PNG

As you can see from this extract of the webpage Rheinhardt provided the Link to, the "Style" argument must be the sum of "Button type" and "Icon Type".

So, from the numbers given in that page you can see that it can never be 1 which you you have set it as,unless no Icon is allowed to be selected by considering "Icon type" as 0.

MessageBox()_Style.gif

Last edited:
As you can see from this extract of the webpage Rheinhardt provided the Link to, the "Style" argument must be the sum of "Button type" and "Icon Type".

So, from the numbers given in that page you can see that it can never be 1 which you you have set it as,unless no Icon is allowed to be selected by considering "Icon type" as 0.
I have try to set the Style as 30!But the problem also exist!:confused::confused::confused::confused:o_O

I would advise against using the MessageBox function, as it is no longer supported by Windows. I had to eliminate several MessageBox scripts in a customer's application recently when upgrading their HMI computers. SendKeys and NetDDE are also dysfunctional under Windows 7.

Bit_Bucket_07:
I try to copy the application from my staff which contain the MessageBox function, and it works with no eeror! But I used the function in my application, the error came up! why?
thank you for your information all the same! I'll use the window that I created to deal with the warning!
If you know the Keypoint, tell me please! thank you!

Why do you want to utilize a script in your application that will inevitably become obsolete sooner, rather than later?

Instead, simply add the options that you want to present to the operator with native InTouch objects and make them invisible unless the operator clicks the button that would have triggered the MessageBox script.