FTView Security Codes

naegely

Is there a way to get the current user security code from the HMI (PV plus 6, FTView 6) to the PLC (1769-L33ER)? Or another way to continuously verify that a valid user is logged in?

I want to enable maintenance functions only when a user with security code "P" is logged in. The screen is secured, so it's no problem enabling these functions (using a permissive bit in the PLC). What I'm struggling with is how to ensure this bit is turned off when the user logs out. I'm guessing there's a way to do this with a macro or something, I just don't know.

Thanks for any help,

Rob

CurrentUserHasCode() Is the Tag you can use. Look under the Connection Tab. Then Expressions. There is a Button Called Functions Located under the Expression Window. You will find this tag There.