CT switch question

gatfu

I have an AB 1100 running a program witch controls 7 or so actuators. I would like to add status proving devices to the system. I was looking into the idea of using CT switches for this. My problem is that CT switches when made provide 30v the inputs on the controller take up to 24v. has anybody tried to add CT switches to an AB 1100 controller and if so what would be the best way of doing this? step down the voltage? or is there an easier device out there which I am not aware of? thanks!

What exact sort of "CT switch" are you using ?

A lot of load-sensing switches just provide dry contacts, so you would be switching 24V DC into an input.

An actual current monitoring device would have an analog output, like a 0-10V DC or 4-20 mA DC loop.

Are you sure the "30 V" isn't just a maximum voltage for an output circuit ?

Describe the actuators you are monitoring. Are they motor-actuated ? Solenoid-actuated ? Hydraulic ? Pneumatic ? What sort of power controls are used ?