Modbus data sniffer to Modbus Slave

Jediael

Hi,
I´m looking for software work like Modbus data sniffer and you can read this data using Modbus TCP Master.

thanks for help.

Last edited:
Hello,

Just to understand.

1. You want a program that listens in on Ethernet MODBUS packets.
2. Saves the collected data into internal registers (memory).
3. Provide a MODBUS TCP slave 'driver' so the collected data can be gathered via a MODBUS TCP Master.

Correct?

Hello Mark,
It´s correct.
My goal is test the new SCADA in parallel with old SCADA, these SCADAs communicate using Modbus TCP Master, so I can compare the displays.

Another hand, I dont know how to test the command in this way.

Hello,

I have never heard of such a program or device to do what you want.

Sounds possible.

But an easier program would be between the MODBUS master and the end device and it relays the messages in both directions, un-modified and it keeps track of the data values and registers accessed.

Sniffing, as is normally applied, on TCP is a bit harder than hooking up two 232 receive lines and watching the data.

A program called WireShark can do the sniffing but it does not have a MODBUS master.

You might want to re-think the goal and the approach to it.

M2c.