EOT crane

vmadankumar

đź““ Hai to everybody., i am newly joined in the maintenance field. in our company having 50/15 ton EOT crane having 1 MH & 1 AH. in that EOT Controlled by a 3phase SLIPRING induction motor, no PLC & VFD interfacing. severe BRAKING Problem was occured in that crane. 260A was occured in MH motor at that time of Braking, we are having a DBR Rating is 185A only., So we are use the mechanical type BRAKING, It is also not support efficiently. Allowable Drop is up to 150mm using 40 to 45 tons. but we are captured 210mm drop at 44 tons., so plz help me what can i to do to minimize the drop. plz help me., thanking you

Last edited:
[FONT=&quot]Electric Overhead Travelling cranes are commonly used in the refinement of steel and other metals such as aluminum and copper. In manufacturing process, until a factory as a finished product, metal is handled by an overhead crane. These cranes are used to pour raw materials into a furnace, hot metal is being rolled to specific thickness and tempered, and then stored by an overhead crane for cooling, the finished materials are lifted and loaded into trains and trucks by eot crane, and the fabricator uses an eot crane to handle the steel in his factory. The automobile industry uses these types of cranes to handle raw materials. Smaller workstations cranes, such as jib cranes or gantry cranes, handle lighter loads in a work area, such as CNC or saw.[/FONT]

Not sure I understand you correctly. Is it 260A at braking, or at lowering down? Because I guess the brake should engage at the same time you stop power to the MH (resp. AH) motor. BTW did you check the motor rotor current rating? Maybe its the motor or the DBR not properly selected. The other way is to put a VFD, and go far down below 150mm droppage of load.