Retentive Internal Bit

dbh6

Lifetime Supporting Member
In Logix 5000 software, how do you make an output (OTE)bit retentive such that when power is lost and resumed, the status of that bit will be in the state it was in prior to the power loss. Thanks, i know in structured text when you use the assignment operator ":=" is retentive and "[:=]" is non retentive, unless by default your OTE bits are retentive, then if thats the case how do you assign a non retentive OTE?? Thanks.

OTL to latch. OTU to unlatch. It will retain its state through a power loss.

Technically, in an AB PLC all bits are retentive. On a power up or go to run mode event a prescan resets all normal OTE bits, TONs, etc. If you look at any instruction under the online help there is a section on what happens during the prescan.