Factorytalk view and Rslogix Faceplate/AOI issues

alfman96

I am using the PlantPAx Library of process objects in my FactoryTalk View HMI program in conjunction with the Rslogix5000 AOIs. Everything is working the way I would expect, except that when I test the HMI, or when I have downloaded it to the panelview plus compact 600 and in runtime, when I click on the object to open the faceplate, it searches for parameters that aren't used. For example, I am using the P_VSD AOI and faceplate to control a fan via VFD. When I click on the fan image, it opens the faceplate correctly, and then immediately tells me it cannot find parameters 104, 105, and 106. These correspond to the P_Perm AOIs and the P_ResInh AOI, if you use these objects. All of these are supposed to be optional. In the user manual for the P_VSD faceplate it says that these parameters can be left blank instead of defining which tag they are looking at. I also have told the AOI in the rslogix5000 program I don't have a P_perm object attached to the P_VSD object. I also don't have an P_ResInh object.

Is there something else I am missing as far as setting the global object parameters up or setting up the AOI options within Rslogix5000? I don't understand why it is giving me warnings on the HMI for something I know I don't have. Is there a way to correct this? Or am I going to have to create objects for the P_Perm and P_ResInh objects, and just not enable them to get this to stop? Having the customer clear out the warnings every time they open the panel is sub-optimal at best.

Any thoughts are appreciated.

You could just look for the object on screen thats referencing parameter 104,5,6 and delete them from the faceplate - since your not using them, this would then resolve the issue. Look for an object with question marks on the faceplate during run time.

Or just turn off diagnostics!

If you have tech connect access I suggest watching the following “genius” webinar:
496716 - July 2012 TechConnect Genius Webinar

There is a good explanation of how to setup and use the PlantPax Library of objects.

@Frosty - Thanks for answer. Yeah you would think so. however, I deleted a lot of stuff, including all of the unused things on the faceplate, just to get it to fit onto the 600 screen. There is nothing left having to do with a permissive block or anything showing up with a question mark. Turning off the diagnostics works, but it is just sad that you have to do that to get this to work the way it is supposed to. Well really you are ignoring the fact it doesn't work.

@rkukl Thanks for answer. I do have tech connect. Went and watched the video (again) and have several pdfs from other presentations like at Automation Fair. Seems to be set up the way it says to do it. Still have an issue. It also seems that setting or clearing any of the bits that tell the HMI whether you have any of the associated optional objects doesn't really do anything. In the presentation it shows options disappearing or being unusable if you tell the HMI you don't have the block, but it seems the options tend to be there no matter what those bit values are.

I suppose I will have to wait to have tech support try to help with it. Nothing has come back yet from them.