DL06 and H0-CTRIO programming

ECNERWAL

Hi, I am a complete newbie when it comes to PLC programming and would love some help. I am trying to configure a machine consisting of a DL-06 plc with an H0-CTRIO card and Analog I/O card which runs a pump controlled by VSD on a PID loop. I have read through the manuals for the CTRIO but these seem way more complicated than my requirements. I need to read a pulse from a flowmeter (1000pulses per Litre), scale to flowrate, convert to analog (4-20ma) and send to feedback of VSD. i also need the raw pulse to be output from the card back to high speed counter on PLC for totalising the volume. i only have one question...HOW? is the v-memory of the CTRIO always visable in the PLC or do i need to do a system function read? i know how to configure and scale through the workbench so just need some help on the ladder...

is the v-memory of the CTRIO always visable in the PLC or do i need to do a system function read?
It will always be visible at Vn-Vn+1 (32 bit value), where n is the starting address you setup in CTRIO workbench.

The CTRIO can be confusing to use. I struggle with them each time I have to use one. It might be easier to simply use the built in high-speed inputs on the DL06 to do your counting. The HSIO has much easier to understand documentation (Chapter 3 in the DL06 manual).

🍻

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Thanks for the help. I initially tried the HSIO but because the input was a pulse per litre and not timed, it was a nightmare to turn the pulse into a flowrate which was the feedback signal i needed for the VSD. I managed to do this using 'snapshots' of the pulse every 200ms, but there are not enough pulses to get decent accuracy and the PID loop is not great. If i use a bigger snapshot then there is just too much lag in the PID control and if i use a smaller snapshot the resolution gets even worse.