Inview WallDisplay

lostcontrol

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I am trying to display a Time on the display that is linked to the PLC time, which in turn is linked to the SCADA time. This is used mainly for breaks etc, so that everyone is in sync with each other.

I have this working, to about 95%. Where it is not what I want, is padding zero's to the values if they are less than 10.
I have tried concatenating a zero to the value when less than 10, but the Inview unit does not want to recognise the leading zero's. šŸ™ƒ

The string that is built is '$16 x \0\1 $r'm where x is the value I want to display.
This application was built by others, so I don't understand completely how it works. But I am assuming that the $16 is to indicate the data is being transmitted as Hex, the \0\1 is about what variable to update & the $r is the terminator.

Does anyone have any suggestions to this string to what could be causing this? Or could it be the Inview unit config itself?
The InView software has the option for padding, but only for 5 zero's. I only want to pad by 1!

It is working for now, but when the time is 8:01:02, the unit displays 8:1:2, which is just not right. :(

As part of the $16 ? I tried adding the zero if it was required (0-9), and it appears all the way through the string except on the display.

If you put your variable in quotes it will update as text instead of an integer, but you will have to change the variable type to alphanumeric in the InView message software and re-download it to your display. We do our clock as a string looking like $16"8:01 AM"\0\1$r and update it as a single variable

Last edited:
I did try the total format as required to be viewed, but the version of Inview onsite did not allow for alphanumeric, it was greyed out for some reason.
But the version I have the alphanumeric is not greyed out, so I can try that as well.
That will be just easier.