Intouch and Excel

MLR5000

Hi there.

I'm in the middle of a project where I need to register some data inputs in Intouch into a Excel doc. Each user has to be able to input there information via some touch buttons in Intouch. These inputs is registered in different columns in excel either as a 0 or 1. Each user is assigned a row in excel, and therefore I need to make a "save" button in intouch that saves the data inputs in excel and then jumps to a new row.

Can anyone come up with a solution?
Im using Intouch 10, Excel 2010 and windows 7

Best regards Martin

It's easy enough to write a script that increments the item number(s) for a DDE poke command. You could also have your spreadsheet read tags from InTouch, rather than having InTouch write to the spreadsheet cells. You should be aware, however, that the Excel spreadsheet needs to reside on the same computer as the InTouch HMI, since NetDDE is not supported in Windows 7.

Last edited:
How would a script for this poke command look like? I'm still new to Intouch and scripting.

I can't get Excel to read tags from Intouch. A #reference error pops up and say it can't open "view.exe".

The Help files are your friend:

WWPoke() Function

Writes data to an item of an application. You can use it, for example, to write the value into a spreadsheet cell in Excel.
Syntax

result = WWPoke (appname, topic, item, string)
Parameters

appname
The name of the application. A literal string value, message tagname, or string expression.
topic
The name of the topic within the application. A literal string value, message tagname, or string expression.
item
The item name belonging to the topic and application. A literal string value, message tagname, or string expression.
string
The value to be written. A literal string value, message tagname, or string expression. You can use the StringFromIntg(), StringFromReal() or Text() functions to convert the value of an integer or real tagname to a message tagname.
Return Value

A value of-1, 0, or 1 indicating the following:
-1 - data not written successfully. Possible causes are the application not running or the topic or item do not exist.
0 - data not written successfully because the application is busy.
1 - data written successfully.
Remarks

Do not use the WWPoke() or WWRequest() function to read and write data between InTouch applications on different nodes or sessions. To read and write data between InTouch applications, use Access Names instead. See Setting Up Access Names.
Example(s)

This script puts the value of the real tagname CellValue in the message tagname Mtag and writes the value to the spreadsheet cell Row 1, Column 1 of sheet Sheet1 in Microsoft Excel book Book1.xls.
MTag = Text(CellValue,"0");
Result = WWPoke("excel","[Book1.xls]sheet1", "r1c1",Mtag);