allen bradley compactlogix software

troylibby

Hello all, will the Rslogix 500 control the compactlogix series of controlers. I know Rslogic 500 works with the micrologix series and the SLC's.

Thanks so i take it that the compactlogix series is there newer contorller line and is programed using a tag name data base instead of discreate I/O.

It's kind of a mixture. On-board and add-on I/O (ingluding remote/Ethernet connected I/O) gets system generated default names but the use of 'aliases' let you use whatever name you want. Other memory is assigned as you generate tags without any fixed reference to pre-defined tables. It's incredibly flexible.

Similar Topics

Good afternoon, I'm building a test station for temperature mapping that will log 12 data points to SQL via Open Automation Software. This station...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, It's been a while I haven't dive into PLC programming (more than 5 years) and I wasn't doing it alot as programmer. I am now...
Replies
Views
Hi, this is my very first thread. I am a PLC enthusiest and am setting up an AB compactlogix 1769-L35E controller with some relays at home to play...
Replies
Views
Hello. I am new to the world of PLC's. We just bought a Compactlogix L24ER QB1B and I am now trying to connect to RSLinx. However, the program...
Replies
Views
https://youtu.be/SYEd2VIFFo0 I'm making some tutorial videos to upload -- I have used YouTube and this website as my lifeline so many times...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom