Flex i/o watchdog

Mike_RPI50

Here is my dilemma.

I am currently using a compactlogix and communicating over Ethernet to a 1794-aent flex i/o module.

I would like to setup a watch dog between the two. I know that in the 1794-aent properties I can set it to major fault the CPU if a communication failure occurs. But all I want is an alarm and I do not want to fault the CPU.

My other option is to wire one of my digital outputs to one of my digital inputs. If a communication failure would occur I would loose my input and I could alarm that point after x amount of time. The only problem with that is I am using up some of my i/o.

Now for my question does anybody know if their a bit I can look at on my 1794-aent. The bit would have to be always true if the communication is good and false on a communication failure.

But for the life of me I cannot find anything like this in any documentation.

Any suggestions?

thanks