Need a cheap touchscreen

sn.white

I'm looking to start practicing programming touch screens,
currently I have an AB micrologix 1200 along with an analog module,

Is there any good cheap touch screens I can use along with this?

I know AB touch screens, plus the software add up to a lot of money, this is mainly for practice.

I've seen and used the free advanced HMI tool that works along with visual studio, which I like and is a nice tool, but I want an actual touch screen.

thanks for any assistance you can provide,
steve

I just bought a Red Lion G304K2 for a job where I can't use a Panelview Component because Eric recommended it.
I haven't a clue what I am doing though.

That's not too bad in price,

Questions
When it comes to programming HMI s, are they similar across different brands/modules?
Any ones out there harder to learn than others? or I should steer away from?

thanks for the help, trying to learn a little more before purchasing.

I've seen and used the free advanced HMI tool that works along with visual studio, which I like and is a nice tool, but I want an actual touch screen.
If your going to run this try this: http://www.hopeindustrial.com/ and you can use your pc or add a thin client pc for a complete roll yer own HMI unit

AB s site says

Optimized for communication with MicroLogix, SLC 500, Micro800 controllers, and PowerFlex4 drives: DF1, DH-485, Ethernet to MicroLogix or SLC 500 controller, and multi-vendor communications

http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/1239781/1670480/8663238/

Would the standard comm port work on the micrologix 1200 to communicate with it, or do I need another module.

The 1200 isn't on the drop down list in CCW, but maybe you can get it to work with the ENI:Micrologix?

DropDown.PNG

PV Components preferred integration is with Micrologix and SLC500 families, so they work well with them.

The PV Comp. all have an RS232/DB9 port and will serial cable to the mini DIN on a Micrologix 1200. 1761-NET-ENI isn't needed, but the PV Comp. are 24VDC powered.

A 6" color lists for $747

Last edited:
PV Components preferred integration is with Micrologix and SLC500 families, so they work well with them.

The PV Comp. all have an RS232/DB9 port and will serial cable to the mini DIN on a Micrologix 1200. 1761-NET-ENI isn't needed, but the PV Comp. are 24VDC powered.

A 6" color lists for $747

So it looks like I can just purchase a PV component and be good,
I'll probably look toward a smaller screen size to get the cost down a little.

Thanks for the info,