SEW position control ipos programming

Hi,
I’m new working with SEW specially with Movidrive with DEH11B encoder, Movitrac with FSC11B and DOP panel – right now I do not have the components because they are on the way, so I cannot test it.

I have a project that the idea is to put rpm in the Movitrac and position in Movidrive, using DOP panel. I will connect them using RS485.

Assuming that driving rpm in the Movitrac is just put a numeric box in DOP panel and close a start contact (true!??), my main question is IPOS programming.
Can I use the encoder position and use a _GoAbs instruction like the below example (H1 is given by numeric box in DOP panel) ??

main()
{
H0=0;
while(1)
{
H0=H511;
// _GetSys( H3,GS_ACTPOS );
if (H1!=H0)
{
if(H1==10)
{
_GoAbs(GO_NOWAIT, 3000);
}
if(H1==20)
{
_GoAbs(GO_NOWAIT, 4000);
}
if(H1==30)
{
_GoAbs(GO_NOWAIT, 4000);
}
}
}
}

Can I do that?
Thanks.

Hi, thanks for your feedback.
I'm using incremental encoder, so if i turn off the power supply i will loose my reference. SEW has any non-volatile memory, that i'm always writting the position value to that memory?
For example:
x=H511; (x will be my non-volatile memory)

Or there is any "easy" way to do the homing?

Thanks.

If you are using an incremental encoder then the best thing is to re-reference the drive. You can assign 2 OT limits CW and CCW. Then use ref type P903 as 3-CW or 4-CCW. If the drive is not referenced then set DI10 high as shown in the example to re-reference.
Variables 1-128 are Non volatile.

It's actually P913 and P914 are the CW and CCW speeds in the sample program.

Last edited:
Hi,
The material already arrived and i'm facing a problem... i can control the movitrac using RS485 (P100) and terminals (P101) and speed (P301) in DOP panel, but if i put the control signal source (P101) as RS485 i'm unable to start, Stop, CW and CCW.
What variables should i set to start, stop ... ??
I already tried the control word H484.2 but with "connection problems"...

What i have to do to control in DOP panel the start, stop, CW and CCW ?

Thanks.

Hi,
As far i can see, the only way i can control start/stop/CW/CCW is using Sbus or RS485 ? Can i control in DOP panel directly? Imagine that i only have movitrac and DOP panel? I already put DI01(CW) to 24V and i could not manage to run in DOP panel...

You can control the movitrac straight from DOP panel.
You need to have an IPOS program in the drive. To do this you need to enable the IPOS option in Shell parameter P809. See attached IPOS program.
I have used H3 as a pointer to carry out different tasks in the IPOS program.
You need to access H3 from the DOP panel. This is only one way and there are many other ways to achieve the same result.

Hi,
Today we call our costumer and the option to control from DOP pannel was excluded - we will have button boxes controlling, so it will be from Movitrac point of view "terminals".
Your example for Movitrac helped me to do for Movidrive (this one will be controlled from DOP), although, once again, i couldn't manage to control the movidrive - not even move the motor! I already read "all" manuals and i think i'm doing ok, but in reallity i'm not... probably it's one parameter in configuration i'm missing.

In attachement you can see parameter configuration for my movidrive and also my ipos compiler code (i know you are an assembler man, but please take a look). The idea in code is move to 3000 till DI5 goes one - the 3000 is just to check my movement (in future it will be changed).

Can you please check what i'm doing wrong, or i can move my movidrive from IPOS commands!!?

Thanks for your support.

Just need to check few things with you
1. Have you done the start up in SHELL for the motor and the encoder?
This will set up the motor parameters in the movidrive.
2. What is the motor type/part number? Is it a servo or a standard motor?
By looking at the parameter file you have a 0.37kw DRS71M4 motor is connected to the movidrive in delta. Rated Voltage (230V)
3. Leave P100 and 101 as default.
4. You need 24v on X13 terminal 1. DI00-Inhibit. You can Link 8-1
5. We are manipulating the control word to get the drive to carry out different functions thru the assembler/compiler program.
6. Observe the LED display on the drive when you test your program.

Looks like you are trying to run your motor at 3000rpm. but I cannot see that value in P913 and P914. You need to define both cw and ccw speeds.
tSpeed.cw = tSpeed.ccw = 30000

Hi Ranjith,
First of all, thanks for your time.
Regarding your questions:
1. Yes.
2. It's a standard motor.
3. Done. I put P100 at Bipolar/fixed setpoint and P101 at terminals.
4. Done.
5. It was my idea, but now i'm using Go instructions. When we should use Control Word?
6. It displays A.
7. Done (i think this was the main reason, because i thought that the velocity was comming from parameters, and wasn't necessary to define)

With your tips i finally get manage to work - see attached file.

Now i'm having problems with inertia, this is, with Gain (P910), lag error (P512) and ramps - most of the time i got error F42 and F08.

From your experience if i have a motor driving almost 500Kg, do we have typical values, or it depends a lot?

Thanks.

make sure the brake is releasing on the motor when the drive is enabled. You should hear a click on the back of the motor. If the polarity is reversed on the brake relay it will not energize.
you can auto tune the speed controller in start up by selecting CFC and then press the button next to load inertia to determine automatically. Then follow the prompts.