Panelview - Opening Terminal Settings

gomerpyles

So i've read a couple forum posts on gaining access to the Terminal settings once the panelview is up and running, but none of them have worked for me.

I'm currently working on a Panelview plus 1250 it has 6.0 version on it currently.

Upon startup when its testing its ram/cpu/hardrive and what not a WHITE box never appears on the bottom left hand corner of the screen. when i just press at the spot anyways and avoid the fatal error stuck keys it still just boots up normally.

I've plugged in a dell keyboard to the usb inputs (there are 2) and i press CTRL+alt+Shift+windowkey the whole time its booting up it still boots up normally.

I do not want to reset the panelview, i really need to understand how to operate into the terminal settings in case I'm out in the field needing to change an IP address from the panel. ( i know about creating a new runtime with a go to config mode button)

Feedback welcomed.

THANKS!

USB - Keyboard

Also noted that the usb keyboard doesnt start working until after the Panelview is about to start. I sat there and literally tapped the numlock until the light turned on during the whole start up process. So i'm thinking either the panelview doesnt supply power to the usb's during start up, or not enough power.. but probably the first guess.

What kind of keyboard does anyone else use for panelviews?

Welcome to the forum

It is easier to access the terminal settings page if you can include a 'Goto Configure Mode' button in one of your screens.You can add the button thru "Objects->Advanced->" in RS View ME.

Regards

Last edited:
RA have provided files that you can put on a memory stick that will autorun when inserted. They erase the "run on start-up" configuration, so the PanelView goes into config mode.

I have them, just need to find them....

PV400-600

PV700-1500

Copy the relevant file to a USB stick, and rename it to AUTORUN.EXE

Plug it into the PanelView, and leave for 30 seconds.

Re-boot the PanelView, and it will go to configure mode on restart.

Last edited: