90/30 CPU311 and SNP-X? Revision level

CalG

I pulled the power supply and first module to have a look at the CPU Chip

I Read the Label "395-027C- 6.51"

I "***-umed" that implied a revision level of 6.51, but now I'm not sure.

I can not get the unit to connect to a SNP-X speaking HMI.

How can I know?

The GE manuals say to use the hand held programmer or see GFK-0466.

GFK-0466 doesn't seem to really say. I used the text search with no satisfaction.

Perhaps you know.

Is the CPU revision level the same as the "Software Rev level" That shows on the "PLC MEMORY USAGE" page? I would not thinks so.

Bottom line, I would like to determine if this CPU/plc is SNP-X compatible.

TIA

Cal

According to DO643: ver 6.51 supports SNPX
The Label "395-027C- 6.51" does indicate firmware revision of 6.51, you should be able to confirm that by looking into the CPU with your software "STATUS" (Shift F3).

That's it RUSS! Thanks.

It still says "Software Revision 6.51" but I'm happy.

Interesting as you go from one display page of the LM90 application to another.

I've seen revs of 4.2, this CPU rev 6.51, along with versions 8.02 and versions 9.xx. I'm sure the latter are referenced to the LM90 software it's self.

That's it RUSS! Thanks.

It still says "Software Revision 6.51" but I'm happy.

Interesting as you go from one display page of the LM90 application to another.

I've seen revs of 4.2, this CPU rev 6.51, along with versions 8.02 and versions 9.xx. I'm sure the latter are referenced to the LM90 software it's self.
Just one of the reasons it is no longer used or supported. :)