AB PLC5 Messaging to Keyence Sensor

Hayden

I'm using an Allen Bradley PLC5/30 PLC with a Moxa EIP-3170 DF1-EIP converter plugged into the serial port for communications.

On the machine I have a Keyence SR-650 2D Barcode scanner that I want to communicate with to trigger scans etc.

I see in the manual that the Barcode scanner will communicate with AB PLCs via the messaging system, but I'm not sure if I can use this as the PLC does not have native Ethernet and thinks that it is just using the serial port for all communications.

Has anyone used the messaging on a PLC5/30 to communicate over DF1?

Similar Topics

Hey guys, I'm trying to set up messaging between two PLC 5 processors that are on Data Highway, but I'm having a difficult time finding any...
Replies
Views
I understand that the sidecars don't support CIP, so I don't think I can initiate a message from the CLX in this case. (I tried PLC5 Typed Read...
Replies
Views
I am trying to read data from a PLC-5 in my ControlLogix program over Ethernet. I keep getting a connection failure. I have configured many...
Replies
Views
Hi all, we have a plc5 messaging to a slc500 via wireless network. the wireless unit went down and it took a week to replace it. its now up and...
Replies
Views
I was wondering if someone could give me a hand with messaging data from a PLC5 SoftLogix to a CompactLogix controller. I have read the help files...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom