Trying to remote program with SLC5/05

ceilingwalker

Lifetime Supporting Member
Good day all. I am experiencing something with my SLC500 that I haven't seen before. I have the processor in Remote, I am trying to delete a couple of rungs (something I have done hundreds of times) and each time I try to assemble my edits it tells me "assemble edits failed" then it immediately takes me offline. Anyone know why? I am making the assumption that uploading my project isn't necessary. If it is, let me know and I will. Thanks much.

When you go back online again, you'll have to upload or download, if you aren't equal. I haven't experienced it with a SLC, but some PLCs have problems with on-line changes when available memory is low.

Hi

Have you upgraded your rs linx lately.
There is a tech note on this and it's to do with some settings that need to be changed. If you have a tech connect contract just check out the k.b . If not let me I is and I will try to get it to you on Monday

Donnchadh

Do a Search on here, and you will find instruction on modifying your CIP Settings in RSLinx. This is unfortunately a common problem with the SLC5/05 on Ethernet.

Stu.....