System logs two times in Data log of Rs view 32

AB2005

Dears;

In an HMI created in RS view 32 works and during project running, i have found that in data log excel file, system logs the values of the tags two times while there is no any configuration for this function. Please see the attached image and guide as i want that system should log just one time.
For that specific data log file, I created a macro which run by clicking a button and command "Datalog on" and after 1sec, "Datalog off".
untitled-4_zpsec2dd633.png

Last edited:
Dears;

In an HMI created in RS view 32 works and during project running, i have found that in data log excel file, system logs the values of the tags two times while there is no any configuration for this function. Please see the attached image and guide as i want that system should log just one time.
For that specific data log file, I created a macro which run by clicking a button and command "Datalog on" and after 1sec, "Datalog off".
untitled-4_zpsec2dd633.png

If I remember correctly that is exactly what RSVIEW 32 does. When the command Datalog on is executed it logs the value and then again when you execute the Datalog off command. That is why you have a B and E in the Marker column. I think in the past I just created a macro to delete the one with the B in the marker column to take care of this.

when you start rsview, the first marker is a B and when you end rsview the marker is an E.

it appears that you sre starting / stopping rsview a lot or you have a script that is starting / stopping a lot.

regards,
james

If you only want one log entry at a time, use the EVE (Event function) to write to your CSV file ONE time every xx seconds or simply when you press a button.

RSView32 Write Log Pushbutton Event.jpg

Last edited:
Hi James Mcquade

As I already quoted, "For that specific data log file, I created a macro which run by clicking a button and command "Datalog on" and after 1sec, "Datalog off"".

...I created a macro which run by clicking a button and command "Datalog on" and after 1sec, "Datalog off".
If you only want one set of data each time, the write a Visual Basic macro file that Writes the CSV Log File. Then call that macro by using an Event triggered with a pushbutton tag. You only have to write an expression to trigger the Event when Pushbutton tag = true.

I am new to VBA and macros. I want to take my logged data and save it once a day to a file on the PC that can later be opened with excel. I know that I need it to be a .csv. I am using RSVeiw32 version 7.6