Help me, please!(Simatic step 7)

zrawi

I'm new to simatic and I have a serius problem..
I have added one s7-416 station to an existing MPI network.
There is one main plc(s7-300)..
This MAIN plc determines state of the other stations(3 s7-300 stations), and does it's operations..
Now I need it to communicate with MAIN Plc..

Previous programmer didn't left any documentation or code of his programms and communication config. So, I don't know how to configure communication data without reconfiguring whole network...

How can I read and modify MPI global data table from the online plc's?
How can I make a connection in-between two plc's without any SFC's? Scl, maybe?

Thanks!

P.S.
Sorry, for dumb questions..

Use SFC 67 "X_GET," in the S7-416 to read data from the S7-300.
You dont need a corresponding SFC in the S7-300.
Of course, you will need to know where the relevant data in the S7-300 is. So somehow you need to get the original program.

I am not sure if you have to configure a connection between the two, for X_GET to work.

Hello, zrawi;

The Global Data are compiled to an SDB before they are downloaded to the CPU. So if you upload the program, you should be able to open the GD editor (in Netpro) and check out the original configuration.
However, I think you cannot edit this uploaded GD table directly. You will have to create a new GD table for the new CPU, and open (or copy) the original tables in order to affect chanmges.
Hope this helps,
Daniel Chartier

JesperMP said:
I am not sure if you have to configure a connection between the two, for X_GET to work.

X_GET and X_PUT (SFC 67 & 68) work on MPI address, you do not need to configure the connection in a GD table. All you need is the MPI connection in NETPRO and the setup downloaded to the PLC's. For example if your S7 400 has the MPI address 4, on the DEST_ID pin on SFC 67/68 you would put 16#4, as this ID address needs to be in HEX, not a problem for most, that is until a PLC has the MPI address 10 or higher!

Paul

Thanks!!! :)

Thanks for your help!
I'll try to do something with X_GET function

Doe's s7-300 series stations have some limitation on connection count?
Is it 4 or more?

:site:

thanks again!

Re: Thanks!!! :)

zrawi said:
Doe's s7-300 series stations have some limitation on connection count?
Is it 4 or more?

I think you will find that as you will be using X_GET, that is an unconfigured connection so you will not be limited to how many 'connections' you can have. You are using the MPI address of the 'other' PLC not the connection ID, you do not have to define this type of connection in the connection table in NETPRO.

Paul

The pictures below might help explain a bit more.

The first one is the NETPRO configuration, you will notice that no connections have been configured in the connection table.

netpro.JPG

This one shows two connections using X_GET. M10.0 on the CONT pin will always be at logic zero, that way once the data has been got the connection with that PLC will be broken, until it is asked to be connected again.

ob1.JPG

Hope that helps some more

Paul

Is there another optional software for global data editing?

S7-SCL - what can I do with tis little software?

Thanx! :)