Latching pb in Crimson 3.

jfls45

I am needing some assistance with a latching pushbutton in Crimson 3 but don't see a way to unlatch it.

In the "Action" tab there are several Action Modes. I chose the Button Type "Turn ON". I am not seeing a way to "Turn OFF". I'm not seeing a way in the software how to do this.

The pb will unlatch when a PLC tag writes to one of my HMI tags.

Note:
I need to make this a latching pushbutton due to the existing PLC code. I'm saying this because I know some will reply with a shortcut around not creating the latching pb, etc.

Thanks for any help in advance.

JFLS45

I am needing some assistance with a latching pushbutton in Crimson 3 but don't see a way to unlatch it.

In the "Action" tab there are several Action Modes. I chose the Button Type "Turn ON". I am not seeing a way to "Turn OFF". I'm not seeing a way in the software how to do this.

The pb will unlatch when a PLC tag writes to one of my HMI tags.

Note:
I need to make this a latching pushbutton due to the existing PLC code. I'm saying this because I know some will reply with a shortcut around not creating the latching pb, etc.

Thanks for any help in advance.

JFLS45

Are you wanting to toggle a point in your PLC or does the Redlion Display need to write a 1 constantly due to PLC programming constraints? If you just need to toggle a point (on until you press it again at which time it turns off) just choose toggle rather than Turn ON.

I need to push a button and it changes a plc tag from 0 to 1 and latch itself. The plc will send a value of 1 from another tag back to the HMI and unlatch this pushbutton.

I need to push a button and it changes a plc tag from 0 to 1 and latch itself. The plc will send a value of 1 from another tag back to the HMI and unlatch this pushbutton.

Latch doesn't mean anything to me in this context.

If you use Turn ON, it will set a bit in the PLC ON, and unless something in the PLC acts on that bit, it will remain ON for eternity.

However, if I understand you correctly, you would have two tags in the Redlion display. One is tied to the bit in the PLC that you want to turn ON when the button is pressed. You should set it to Turn ON. Call this tag Tag1.

The second tag should be tied to the PLC bit that when it is ON, you want the first tag to turn OFF. Call this Tag2. Use the Trigger Event of this second tag to look at "Active ON" and set the event to Tag1 := 0.

This will only work properly if the PLC sets Tag2 back to 0 before you want to turn Tag1 back ON, otherwise it will continue to set it to OFF.

thank you,

I appreciate you explaining how to do this.

Latch doesn't mean anything to me in this context.

If you use Turn ON, it will set a bit in the PLC ON, and unless something in the PLC acts on that bit, it will remain ON for eternity.

However, if I understand you correctly, you would have two tags in the Redlion display. One is tied to the bit in the PLC that you want to turn ON when the button is pressed. You should set it to Turn ON. Call this tag Tag1.

The second tag should be tied to the PLC bit that when it is ON, you want the first tag to turn OFF. Call this Tag2. Use the Trigger Event of this second tag to look at "Active ON" and set the event to Tag1 := 0.

This will only work properly if the PLC sets Tag2 back to 0 before you want to turn Tag1 back ON, otherwise it will continue to set it to OFF.