Communicate with S7-300&Unidrive inverters

tulip

I want to communicate S7-300 CPU315-2DP Plc and 4 pieces Unidrive (Control Techniques) inverters (32bits ) via profibus.Only I will send speed setpoint and fault reset information to inverters I will take also actual speed and fault information from inverters.Do you have an experience abouth this subject? Is there any example?Thanks in advance...

Check the inverter manual for how to configure the drive.

Install the GSD file and set up your hardware config with the appropriate telegram information.

Create a UDT for the send data and another for the recieve data and a third called "drive" that includes the send data and the recieve data.

Place 4 instances of thet"drive" UDT in a data block.

Use SFC14 and SFC15 to communicate with the drives.

Tip! Ensure that your project is set to symbol priority and not address priority. Right click on the blocks folder and select properties - Select symbol priority.

If you change a UDT or move its absolute address then all references to it become invalid. With symbolic addressing, when you open the block that references the UDT, the code will be automatically updated with the new size/location based on the symbol. With address priority, when you open the block that references the UDT, the code will remember the previous address and you will have to type in the new size/location.

With sysmbolic addressing, you can also use "Check Block Consistency" (right click on blocks folder) to update your project following such a change.

Tip Tip! Be aware when using Check Block Consitency that selecting the recompile all option will re-create all instance DBs from their source and may over-write configuration data such as PID gains etc.