Profibus to Ethernet Gateway

ernitin29

Hello Frendz,

I m going to do a new project to take my all extrusion machine parameters online for monitoring purpose using existing intranet network to route the display in manager's cabin.

I have a set up S7 200 PLCs with Profibus network and connected to OP 270 where complete controlling as well as monitoring is done by machine operator. What i am thinking that i have a free port on each PLC, so make the similar network and connect the last Porfibus DP connector (Like connected in my OP) in the port of Profibus to Ethernet adapter and take out the RJ45 plug from the Ethernet port of the adapter.

Then I will connect this Ethernet Cable into Main Server (with this server several PCs are connected). On this main server I will install my Application for monitoring and get the data from plcs into tags.

So is this Going to work?

Thanks
Nitin

PROFIBUS_Ethernet2.jpg

Last edited: