Issue with old 2.04FRN 1747-SDN dnet scanner module

JonHopper

Hello everyone. Working on a small project. We are trying to use (/ get rid of) old hardware we have lying around.

I am trying to get an old 2.04 FRN (ser B) 1747-SDN module to work. I am using a 5/04 CPU. I'm using the 1784-PCMK card to go online with the processor. It's in a 4 slot rack, installed in a MEDAR weld control unit. Out of the factory these racks have one available slot, which is slot 2, which is the slot I have installed the card in.

***I built a duplicate machine 3 weeks ago using all the same hardware except for the 1747-SDN, which in that case was a 4.026FRN which I have absolutely no issues with, the machine works great.

M1/M0 file length is 256 (maximum I can go on the 2.04), which means I have no passthrough abilities (which I'm fine with, using the DH passthrough is too slow anyways).

I am using the 1770-KFD and the proper serial cable to connect to the network. I can see my modules (eg 02 fanuc robot, 03 proteus weldsaver, 04 flex io , etc), however I CANNOT see the scanner. I've tried run, program, changing the state of the scanner's run bit, among many many other things...

Is this a version issue? How else can I get online with the scanner to update the scan list? I've tried 5/02 to 5/05 CPUs and there is no difference. Is there a specific EDS file I need to install for the older cards?

ANY help and/or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I really don't want to tell the boss we need to buy a bunch of new cards (we have about 4 of these old 2.04s). THANK YOU