logix5000 consumed/producted tags

remullis

I am trying to use a timer dn bit in one processor but the bit actually resides in another processor. I see where this is accomplished using a consumed instruction. What I dont understand is how these actually link to the specific tag. How does say a bit using the following addressing A01_Consumed.Dint1.10 know that it will be monitoring a specific timer dn in the (produced)remote processor? Thanks in advance.

You can't produce/consume only one bit. A word is the smallest element you can use. Use a DINT. Then you will have spares for the future.

In the producing controller, they have written logic to move the timer DN bit into bit 10 of a DINT that is being produced. You would have to look at the code in that controller to be able to see the connection between those two bits.

Your controller is consuming 32 bits from the remote controller and using bit 10 as the timer done bit. You consumed tag is very much like an alias. You define a new tag using whatever name you choose and tie it to an existing (base) tag. The difference is that the existing tag is in another controller.

OG

logix consumed/produced tags

I appears that the consumed/produced tags were created at some point with multiple tags being used as you pointed out, "you cant consume or produce one tag".

And to the second response, I did find where the move instruction is being used for the actual tag which sets a output for the DINT.1.10

Both answers cleared up how this is being done, Thanks for the response.

Rich