RS Linx install on Windows 7

kxs436

Hi, I am trying to install RS Linx Classic OEM version 2.54 on to Windows 7. The installation wizard gets interrupted and unable to complete the install. Any thoughts please that can solve this issues.

thank you
Karthik

The minimum RSLinx Classic revision supported within Win7 OSs is 2.57 and only for Win7 32-bit systems.
For Win7 64-bit OSs the minimum revision is 2.58.

The guaranteed route is what dmargineau said.

However you may be able to try right clicking on the setup file, going to the compatibility tab, select "Run this program in compatibility mode for:" and select Windows XP. Then check the box at the bottom that says "Run this program as an administrator". You may get lucky. This is how I installed older versions of Logix5k that weren't officially supported.

I'd be curious to hear your results.