ML1400 Serial Port (CH2) is not sending messages

Aparras

Hi everyone,

I'm getting a little bit experience in automation world, and now in PLC programming, specifically on Allen Bradley. I'm communicating a Micrologix 1400 with an external device via CH2 of PLC, sending periodic ASCII codes. My program yesterday seems to be fine, but today is not working, because serial port is not writting on the external receiver. When I download my program on PLC just the first scan works properly, but on second I've got no results.

Any ideas of this problem?

Attached you will find my program.

Thank you,

Alberto Parra.

Mi Querido Alberto:
It seems that you´re trying to do several things on the same channel at the same time. Try to do one thing at a time.
Suggestion: download manual 1766-RM001 go to chapter 21 (ascii instructions, do not forget to use ABL and ACB instructions when reading from CH2.