Reading amperage through ProfiBus in RS5000

ckemp

Hello,

New to this forum and need a little help. I am working on a project to read the feed back from the VFD and create statistical data "trendlines" to detect motor, gear box and belt wear. We are currently using AB5000 processors with revision 19 and communicating through Profibus DP to the VFD's. We have 4 bytes of data per VFD. We are currently only using them for start/stop, faults and speed reference. Not for sure if I will need to expand the amount of bytes each VFD is communicating with. The only feedback from the VFD we are seeing is speed reference. The VFD's are power flex 70's and we are using ProSoft software to access the ProfiBus. Is there an add on instruction already made to access this data as I am not sure how to pull it out and send it to the PLC. Thanks for any insight!

There is an add on instruction for the Prosoft module which makes life easier. Check their web site.
You will have to do a dp read / write to get the parameter data out of the drive.

You could explicit message (MSG) from/to any parameter of the PF70 or define and enable the Datalinks within the RSL5K Drive Module and the PF70 processor and implicitly(I/O) transfer the data.
I am familiar with Profibus, however, I have to admit I have never encountered a Logix/PowerFlex Profibus integration; I believe the general Logix 5000 implicit/explicit data transfer principles apply.
Refer to Chapters 5 and 6 of http://literature.rockwellautomation.com/idc/groups/literature/documents/um/20comm-um006_-en-p.pdf
for in-detail information about the matter.