Totalizer function block rs logix 5000

bfranklin

rs logix version 20
logix 5572 processor

function block currently configured"
operstartreq: always on
operstopreq: always off
operresetreq: every morning at 7 a reset happens.

I would like for the current day total to move into the "old total" in function block. There is an option in the parameters and I do have it checked but it does not seem to work.

What am I missing?

Thanks

I'm not sure that I understand what you're trying to do - but here are some BASIC ideas ...

"Old Total" is an OUTPUT of the TOT (Totalizer) function block ... in simplest terms, whenever you do a "reset" to the totalizer, then (and only then) the value currently in "Total" gets moved into the "Old Total" location ... from there you could (if necessary) use it as an input signal for some other (separate) function block, etc. ...

in other words, the Totalizer "remembers" what the previous (OLD) total was – whenever you decide to reset the CURRENT total back to zero in order to start over again for the next session ...

There is an option in the parameters and I do have it checked but it does not seem to work.

I might be misreading what you've said, but basically checking a parameter off or on doesn't affect whether it "works" or not ... the check only decides whether the "pin" for that particular parameter will be visible on the function block display ...

suggestion: if this doesn't help, consider posting your ACD file (you'll have to zip it first – forum rule) ... tell us what you want to happen and we'll try to help you nail it down ...

good luck with your project ...

totalizer.PNG

Last edited:
Thanks for your help.

Using the operator control options as your start, stop and reset doesn't hold your "old total"

Thanks again.

Thanks for your help.

you're welcome ...

using the operator control options as your start, stop and reset doesn't hold your "old total"

I'm not sure that I fully understand that statement – so I'll just assume (gosh, I hate that word) that you're making headway – and that all is either now well - or at least getting better ...

just for discussion – there are TWO basic ways to control the Totalizer:

(1) using "Program" control ... and

(2) using "Operator" control ...

most systems that I've seen prefer to stick with the "Program" control method – and just leave the "Operator" control method on the shelf ... that's the way I set mine up in the example that I posted earlier ...

Thanks again.

and again, you're quite welcome ... I hope that I've been helpful ... if you still need more help just post your file ... we'll try again ...

Attached is what I had previously set up before you advice. The total is current days with nothing in the "old total" from yesterday.

Untitled.jpg

try adding a "one-shot" action to the Reset Request ... it's working on my system ...

unless you have some valid reason to do otherwise, I recommend that you stay with "Program" control - and not even use "Operator" control ... it usually makes life simpler that way ...

tot_with_osri.PNG