Replacing SLC processor

bfranklin

Hey,

I am replacing a SLC 503 processor with a SLC 505 processor. Once I Install the 505 processor in the chassis all I have to do is go into the controller properties in 503 program and changes the processor type to the appropriate 505 processor and download?
Is this there is all to it?

Thanks

in most cases you'll just start downloading the existing (SLC-5/03) program to the new processor using the DF1 serial connection ...

you'll probably get a message telling you that the processor types don't match – but it usually offers to change the processor type for you automatically ... let it ...

if it tells you that the communications is different, you'll usually want to say "Don't Apply" – but that decision may vary depending on how your system is set up ...

then you'll want to go online (still through the serial connection) and set the IP address on the Ethernet port ...

DISCLAIMER: done from memory – but I think I've got it pretty close ... give the other members time to correct any errors ...