Plc5/25 dh+

nfvtmeinc

Why would a PLC5/25 show it is communicating with the comm light but not show up in the who active in RSLinx

Is there anything else on the network?

How are you connected? What hardware are you using to get connected?

just a guess - but maybe it's communicating on the Data Highway Plus network with some other device (example: another PLC-5 processor) but NOT with your programming terminal ...

going further: maybe the PLC-5/25 is communicating at one baud rate - but the DH+ channel on your RSLinx terminal is set up for another baud rate ...

suggestion: tell us more (a LOT more) about how your system hardware is set up ... the more we know the more we can help ...

just to make sure that we're on the same page here - you should realize that the 9-pin port on a PLC-5/25 processor is ONLY for Data Highway Plus communications ... specifically, it is NOT capable of communicating as an RS-232 station ...

Yes another 5/25 a 5/30 2 5/40E's and a 5/40 it is communicating through a control logix DH/RIO card through the ehernet card in the control logix rack all plc's will show in who active except the one in question.

a PLC5/25 only has a 57.6 for DH+ unlike the new platform plc5's also you can not get connected to the PLC5/25 with a cable to the front unless the DH+ cable is disconnected

Last edited:
make sure that it doesn't have the same DH+ station address as any other station (including the DHRIO module) ...

suggestion: if it's safe to do so, try disconnecting all of the other stations first ... see if the "problem" processor shows up on RSLinx that way ... if it does, then start plugging the other stations back in one-by-one ... see if that approach helps you nail things down ...

also you can not get connected to the PLC5/25 with a cable to the front unless the DH+ cable is disconnected

THAT really sounds like a duplicate DH+ address problem ...

offline for tonight – good luck with it ...