RS-232 cable connection for PLC and microcontroller

chintan12

HELLO FRIENDS
i am very new to serial communication so i want to ask a basic question

i am communicating MICROLOGIX PLC(which have DB-9 serial port) with micro controller serially and as i know that microcontroller have TTL level signals
i have bought a RS-232 to TTL Converter

now my question is which cable i should use for connecting PLC to RS-232 to TTL Converter??
will it be a straight or cross cable??
please also tell me the connection

thank you so much in advance

Since you said the MicroLogix has a DB9 style port, you do not need the A-B cable, which has a round mini-DIN8 connector.

Use any general purpose "null modem" cable, or a straight-through cable with a null modem adapter.

thank you so much to all for intrest in my post

i will make my own null modem cable and try

still i have little doubt
my friend just told me that no need to do soldering of whole null cable
just 3 connections which i described bellow will work

PLC(db-9) CONVERTOR (db-9)

2 ----------------------- 3
3 ----------------------- 2
5 ----------------------- 5

is it correct????

i have ML-1400 CPU

and as i know that microcontroller have ttl level output so i am puuting a RS-232 to TTL Converter in between