Problems adding L61 to Compactlogix Tree

asterof

So I am setting up produced / consumed tags
between a Controllogix L61 and a Compactlogix PLC
I added the Compactlogix PLC to the Contrologix Tree
but for the life of me I can not seem to get the
Contrologix PLC added to the Comactlogix PLC Tree.
I attached two files showing the two trees
It says to right click on the Ethernet Port to open
a list of Items, but it does not list a Contrologix PLC at all.
Anyone have any ideas
Thanks

clx_tree.jpg compclx_tree.jpg

see if this makes sense ...

the ControlLogix processor itself cannot be placed on the Ethernet network ...

it has to communication through something like an Ethernet card ...

try adding the Ethernet card to the tree - then add the processor below that ...

L61_to_tree.PNG

Last edited:
the PLC must be the name of the L61 and correct slot also
and the ENBT needs same name and IP ?

The name you give to a remote controller in the I/O configuration tree does not need to be the same as the actual controller name, although I think it makes it clearer if it is. The system only uses the given name so that it can enumerate the CIP connection "Path".

As for the ENxT modules, the names can be almost anything you want, and again the names are used internally to enumerate the connection "path". The IP addresses assigned to the ENxT modules must be different and must be able to communicate with each other, either directly, or through a gateway/router.

It does somewhat surprise me that there isn't a way to specify the path explicitly, like you can for messaging.

Last edited: