How to Post an Attachment to Your Message

Lancie1

Lifetime Supporting Member
👨🏻‍🏫 For future reference, here are the instructions for adding an attachment to your message:

1. Log in to this site with your user name and password. If you are not signed in, you will not be able to post a message.
2. Click "Start a New Thread" or "quick reply" to reply to any previous message;
3. Click "Go Advanced";
4. Write Message (at least 2 characters long);
5. Click "Attach Files"; (Your file must be of the allowed types and sizes);
6. Browse to your computer file location and select a file;
7. Click "Upload" and wait for message showing "Current Attachments";
8. Close the "Attach Files" window;
9. Click "Submit Reply" (back on the "Go Advanced" window).
:site:

Last edited:
Only Phil (the owner) can add the sticky feature. But you can save this thread as a Favorite link, then post the link for anyone asking how to attach a file.

Yeah I was thinking it should be a sticky as well. Good idea with the link.

While we're waiting for this to be stickified, what do some of you recommend/use for capture/edit before uploading?
Good ol print screen and MSPaint or what?

G.

I use FastStone Capture (FSCapture).

I've been using version 5.3 (Free for home use), for ages, with no issues, but am now migrating to the latest version 7.4
Vers 5.3 is probably still available to download on the net somewhere.

I use the "Portable" version, which needs no install, so can be carried on a USB stick and run from there in any PC.

I think it is a brilliant tool, lightweight (less than 3MB), and it does everything I want from a screen-capture program.

2013-04-08_212508.jpg

👨🏻‍🏫 For future reference, here are the instructions for adding an attachment to your message:

1. Log in to this site with your user name and password. If you are not signed in, you will not be able to post a message.
2. Click "Start a New Thread" or "quick reply" to reply to any previous message;
3. Click "Go Advanced";
4. Write Message (at least 2 characters long);
5. Click "Attach Files"; (Your file must be of the allowed types and sizes);
6. Browse to your computer file location and select a file;
7. Click "Upload" and wait for message showing "Current Attachments";
8. Close the "Attach Files" window;
9. Click "Submit Reply" (back on the "Go Advanced" window).
:site:

Works on iPad as well. Tested below...

image.jpg