Profibus Troubleshooting - LinkedIn group

danw

Lifetime Supporting Member
Heads up to Profibus troubleshooters:

Profibus Troubleshooting - LinkedIn group
On Linkedin, a business social medium web site, the Profibus and Profinet group has a worthwhile discussion on comm issues regarding pin 5 in the M12 connector serving as a shield, apparently no longer the case.

There's also a new group aimed at troubleshooting Profibus named Profibusters. It's so new it's hard to tell but looks like it might be worth following.

Warning - most Linkedin groups are not worth the effort to scan even once a week - the groups are riddled with head hunters, silly ads and spam.

Similar Topics

Hi guys, Tomorrow I'm heading down to take a look at an existing SCADA system that has failed, and I was wondering if anyone had some suggestions...
Replies
Views
Hi, I was noticing that Profibus connectors have 2 ports on them that can house 2 separate cables. Can I use 2 cables with Profibus signals...
Replies
Views
Hello, I am in possession of a WAGO PFC 200 750-8216 which I was successfully able to set up as a Modbus RTU Master to a slave device using...
Replies
Views
I am trying to implement a profibus network and am a newbie in the automation and communication industry. what are the components required for the...
Replies
Views
Hi, I am using TIA Portal V18. I have imported a (v5.7) SIMATIC manager project via device proxy. I have created a HMI project (TP700) in TIA...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom