Error installing ControlFLASH, AB

jptrueba

I´m having a problem with the installation of the firmware for the CompactLogix L30ER. When I trying to install the ControlFLASH, direct downloaded from Rockwell, it marks the next error: The installer was interrupted before ControlFLASH could be installed. You need to restart the installer to try again.

I have Windows 7, x64. I have removed the old version of the ControlFLASH, and update the .NET Framework, but the problem still persist.

Laptop crashes installing Controlflash, AB

I also have an problem installing ControlFlash. Actually, multiple problems. Several laptops have allready crashed during installation of a new version of controlflash v12.
The *.msi package (e.g. last firmware of ENBT) first uninstalls v11, and then installs v12. Somewhere in between, the crash happens. Random files are deleted, sometimes they cause the laptop to freeze completely. One constant: microsoft office can't be used anymore.

We had it happening on a newly installed (only Windows 7, MS office 2013) laptop from scratch.
Rockwell tech support cant replicate a crash, and say to have no knowledge of the same problem elsewhere.
Next point of action: when a laptop is in for replacement > format > install basics > take shadowcopy > install controlflash > send crashed laptop and shadowcopy to Rockwell for analysis.

Unless somebody has had a similar problem and knows a solution?

jptrueba,

i think you need to contact your local ab supplier i have read that when a controller is installing a firmware and get interrupted it becomes brick which need to be sent back to the supplier. just a hunch regarding your problem.