Cannot Register Devices in RSNetWorx for DeviceNet

chrisinns

Hi All

I am a long time reader/first time poster on the site and am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with my DeviceNet Setup.

I am unable to register Devices in RSNetWorx.

The Process:
I Open up RSNetWorx click Online and browse for the devices on the network after I have selected my communications.

RSNetWorx finds 1769-SDN Scanner Module at address 00 and 1794-ADN Flex I/O Adapter at address 01. Upload is skipped because the devices have not been registered.

I right click on each device then go to register each device by downloading the EDS using the download link in the Wizard. The registration completes (with no errors for the 1769-SDN but one for the 1794-ADN) but a question mark still remains over the devices, with a message in the message windows saying "The device at address XX is not registered on this computer". Any attempt to change properties on the device brings up a prompt saying the device isn't registered and asks if I want to run the EDS wizard again.

My hardware is 1769-SDN ver4.2, 1794-ADN ver3.1, Compactlogix L32E firmware 20.12.

Software is RSLogix5000 v20.01.00, RSNetWorx 11.00.00, RSLinx Classic Lite 3.60

RSLinx can see both devices on the DeviceNet through the EthernetIP connection to the CompactLogix as well as the 3 flex IO devices connected the Flex IO Adapter

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Chris

Hi All

I am a long time reader/first time poster on the site and am hoping someone can help me with a problem I am having with my DeviceNet Setup.

I am unable to register Devices in RSNetWorx.

The Process:
I Open up RSNetWorx click Online and browse for the devices on the network after I have selected my communications.

RSNetWorx finds 1769-SDN Scanner Module at address 00 and 1794-ADN Flex I/O Adapter at address 01. Upload is skipped because the devices have not been registered.

I right click on each device then go to register each device by downloading the EDS using the download link in the Wizard. The registration completes (with no errors for the 1769-SDN but one for the 1794-ADN) but a question mark still remains over the devices, with a message in the message windows saying "The device at address XX is not registered on this computer". Any attempt to change properties on the device brings up a prompt saying the device isn't registered and asks if I want to run the EDS wizard again.

My hardware is 1769-SDN ver4.2, 1794-ADN ver3.1, Compactlogix L32E firmware 20.12.

Software is RSLogix5000 v20.01.00, RSNetWorx 11.00.00, RSLinx Classic Lite 3.60

RSLinx can see both devices on the DeviceNet through the EthernetIP connection to the CompactLogix as well as the 3 flex IO devices connected the Flex IO Adapter

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks
Chris

This is a know issue with Rockwell. Two of us on our office were just bit by this bug. something to do with DLL getting messed up.

Don't have exact details, but you will have to search Rockwell Knowledge base, hopefully a fix is there now as the current method to fix involves removing all software and re-installing.

Hi

I also had this with ver 20 it somehow upsets rs networks.
The reply from Rockwell was just brill. It said could I install networks on a different pc. They did send me a zip file with patches and it really messed up my laptop. Oh the other option was to wipe my pc clean and start again.

I installed the lasted version of networks, it has helped but did not solve my problem

Donnchadh

Thank you for your responses.

I did try installing the EDS files manually instead of downloading but the result was the same.

I will try installing Rockwell's software on another PC and see if that helps.

Cheers
Chris

Hi Chris,

Did you work out the solution to RSNetworx devicenet not registering devices? I'm onsite in Perth with the same problem. Current plan is to ring Techconnect but sounds like that might not help???
Thanks, Pat

Hi pat
Yes I did, turned out it was RS Networx v11. I upgraded to version 21 and the problem went away. (we recently purchased a tech connect agreement so I had access to software updates)

Cheers
Chris

Devicenet

I have a same problem. Can not register a device. I have rsnetworx v10.01 and rslogix5000 v20.01.

I tried installing same software on other computer it works fine. NO issue. But same one has the problem. Tried uninstalling program twice but still the same.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Everyone

I have the same problem. I can't register any device even downloading from wizard or from website.
I tried to reinstall the RSNetworx twice, but it doesn't work too.
The problem occurs only with the RSNetworx for DeviceNet, on Ethernet I can register the devices.
I am looking for any solution that doesn't need to reinstall all the software because it least at 2 days to install.

I am using RSLogix v20.01 and RSNetworx v11.00.00

Thank You Very Much

It should be an installation problem.
I read about DLL. If there was something to do with this archive would be better than re-install all the software.
I am looking for something like this.

Thanks a Lot (y)