power flex 40 speed presets

FushigiMigi

I need to send a digital signal to a drive and make it select a certain preset depending on the input...

Allen Bradley Power Flex 40

A051-A054
A070-A079(frequency presets)

These parameters have something to do with it, but its confusing.

Terminals 5,6,7,8 (digital inputs 1-4) coorespond with which preset?

Thanks!

You need to set parameters A051-A053 to "4" to configure the digital inputs for Preset Frequency operation. Set up your preset frequencies in A070-A077. Then just select your preset with the proper combination of input signals as shown in the manual.

powerflex40.jpg

Last edited:
For a programmer, it would make more binary sense if they had reversed the display order of the input terminals in the table.

Powerflex 70 Digital Speed Inputs.jpg

Ok, thanks guys. It finally clicked.

A051-A054 sets the cooresponding input terminal to accept inputs (set to 4) (0 is keypad control for example)

A070-A077 is where you program the preset frequency, but depending on the combination of inputs (logic table/chart)... will determine which preset frequency is used.

Wow, this stuff is easy, but sometimes it just doesn't register until you hear it the right way.