power budgeting

ready961

Hello
I need to buy a power supply and am unsure of what amperage to go with. I calculated that I will need about 6 amps not counting an other suprises or future ad ons. The place I'm buying the power supply from has 3amp, 6amp, 12amp to choice from. I think 6amp would be enough but what would it hurt to go with the 12amp??

Power bugeting

you also have to take into account "in rush current" if you are powering devices that have an in rush current you have to make sure it does not over draw the powersupply, it could steal power from the other devices (even for just that second) and can cause problems.

Dave

The only disatvantage of a higher wattage supply than required by your budget is that it will cost more and take up more space in your cabinet.

Similar Topics

Hello all, I am currently trying to program a PowerFlex 525, version 7.0. We had a power outage recently and when the power was restored, the...
Replies
Views
Looking at installing point io, with a 1734-AENTR communications adapter and ten 1734-IT2L modules. In IAB it installs a 1734-EP24DC after every...
Replies
Views
First time I've used either the software or this unit. This is the setup I have right now. I have 20mA coming into AnalogIP1. Both the Main.PV...
Replies
Views
Hello..I am new to Plc.I have Mitsubishi Melsec Fx3Ga-40MR PLC controlling a machine for packing powder.Currently the Plc has issue which power...
Replies
Views
Hello gentlemen, Im working on a small project on TIA Portal, about establishing a Modbus TCP connection between my ET200SP plc and a socomec...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom