Unity Pro Simulator Memory Mapping

ljackson-haub

Hi All,
A problem i've run into when I work with M340 PLCs. I develop my program to a point that requires testing with SCADA or HMI interface (using Modbus TCP). I switch unity to simulation mode in order to test.

When I switch to simulation mode and rebuild the project the memory Modbus addresses change up. It looks as though the addressing changes to Quantum/Premium memory mapping principles.

The simulator says it is simulating a BMX P34. Is there are way to preserve the M340 memory mapping principles when simulating?

Thanks,
Charlie

I have an M340 on my desk and I just tested the simulator Vs. a real device and I get consistent results. This is with the same exact program.

I set the first 10 registers %MW0:10 in both and then request them with the same tool - I use RMC's Ethernet Demo tool for quick things like this and the results are identical, and match what I set in the PLCs. See screenshot:

UnitySimulator.jpg

I suppose i misnamed my thread, it should have been "Unity Simulation Mode Memory Mapping". You are correct in that the simulator does work correctly in presenting data. My problem was with the way unity structures data inside DDTs.

It has something to do with one mode allowing REALS and INTS on odd and even addresses and one only allowing them on even addresses. (Don't quote me, remembering from the manual but it was something along these lines).

The example screenshots provided below may help explain a little better. Not the different memory address of "real4".

DDT instance compiled in standard mode:
View attachment StandardMode.bmp

DDT instance compiled in simulation mode:
View attachment SimulationMode.bmp